Good Grief

Good Grief

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Preparing a Place · Max Lucado

A sweet friend emailed me her daily Max Lucado verse today. It was about Heaven not being where we are suppose to be. Pretty much stated we may find a little happiness on earth, maybe glimpses, but nothing to compare with Heaven. Heaven should be our goal, if we truly love the Lord. I have always said I was not ready to leave earth, that I would love to see my children grow up, see my grandchildren. Things change and my thoughts on this have too. I do have a strong desire to be with my Father and so many in Heaven, but know that I will wait on God's perfect timing. I will no longer fear death, for I know that it truly is the reward. My children have joined me in celebrating the fact that Jesus' return may be sooner than we ever expected. He is doing a mighty work., I just know it. He is taking too many people home. I feel He is truly preparing "a place" for those of us that have been left here on earth. I feel that the ones that He is carrying Home are the ones that will be helping Him prepare that "place." In visiting Max Lucado's website, in order to subscribe to his daily devotions, I was looking through the archives. April 3rd is a date,now, that will be forever embedded in my mind, kind of like a child's birthday, an anniversary, instead its the day Shane went Home. So, out of curiosity, I looked at April 3rds devotion and here it is: Preparing a Place · Max Lucado For any of you that know about, what is now being referred to as, Shane's Final 10 you know that his desire was to be read scripture at the end of his time on earth. I told his dear friend that was going to read the bible to him to read John 14 and he did. When John 14:2 was read Shane's body became almost electrified. It was not pain, or anything medical at all, it was all God and His Holy Spirit. When Shane heard "I am preparing a place for you" I truly believe he had already witnessed his "place" and he was literally running to enter it. I know that there is no coincidence that Max Lucado's devotion on the very day Shane entered Heaven was this very verse. I love how God will show me something so small but so HUGE all at the same time. I love how He works, I love how He probably delights when I smile at such things, when there is not very much to smile about these days. I love how He uses a dear friend, that has the same desire for Heaven as the vessel for this discovery. Thanks P, I know its everything Rachel and Shane deserve and know they are waiting patiently for us. I can't wait to see what God's "place" is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment