Good Grief

Good Grief

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Because Shane loved Me










14 years ago today I became one with Shane. Our courtship was not a long one, dated for 6 months before becoming engaged and then we were engaged a year. He graduated from Berry in April and we were married on May 18, 1996. Today will be extremely bittersweet, thanking God for the 16 years that I had him with me, thanking Him for a near perfect marriage, thanking Him for the blessing of finding a love that some search a lifetime for, thanking Him for the blessing of our 3 children together, thanking Him for Shane's deep love for me, thanking Him for allowing me to love a man with every part of me. At the same time, I am mad because we were just getting our lives started together, mad that all the dreams that we had made together will never come to pass, knowing my soul mate is no longer here with me. Its so not fair that so many take their marriage for granted. When Shane and I said our vows on that extremely hot May day (no air in Mt. Berry Chapel) we took them very seriously. Although our relationship with God was not near as strong as it is now, we did have one. We spent 6 weeks with our pastor going over those pre-marital things and knew we were doing this in the presence of God. From the moment I met Shane I knew we were suppose to be together, his mom has said we were 2 peas in a pod. I know God had ordained this marriage long before Shane and I were ever even conceived. So today while I am extremely miserable being separated from Shane in this life, knowing half of me is longer here, I will celebrate the love, memories, and blessings that we shared for such a short time. I love Shane more today than I did that day 14 years ago. We may have said "until death do us part" but I will never be apart from Shane, his love is with me every moment. If I could quote a friend, "every day that passes is one day closer to being with Shane again." Oh, how I can't wait so that I will never be separated again from him and my Heavenly Father. Happy Anniversary Shane, I love you, Deedeebo

note: when I planned my wedding the song "Because You Loved Me" was fairly new, we was part of our ceremony. You can listen to it on my playlist. Now when I hear the words it means so much more. I am who I am because Shane loved/loves me.

7 comments:

  1. Lifting you up in prayer today as you think of your warm memories of Shane, your wedding day, and your time together on earth. I know he is looking down on you with all the love he has for you sending his love to you from Heaven. May God give you comfort still in the days ahead. You are an amazing woman and God has BIG plans for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to read your thoughts on your anniversary. What a wonderful life you two had together. God has promised to be with you as you wait for that great reunion day. You are a light to many young women struggling with marriages unlike yours. Thank you for sharing your heart for all to read. He will bless you for that. Keep on keeping on with the strength and courage He is giving you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you today! Hang in there girl! LOVE the pictures. Y'all look so young!
    w

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh girl...I know today had to be very hard. Praying that tomorrow will be better.
    I LOVE the pictures...! He is such a handsome man!!! I know the WHY is still so big and I wish I could offer some new thought that you haven't heard before. Love you!!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for giving me and many others HOPE!!! If God has gave you the strength and will to go on after such a tragic loss, then we all must know GOD is real all the time. Most testimonies are found after a person comes to the end of themselves. It is obvious you had a personal relationship with God while things were still great and you still confess that so early in your loss. God will surely get glory and many souls in your pain and one day ,you will surely have much gain. You and your children will be in my heart and prayers until God lifts it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DeAnn, Sorry I have not commented lately. Went back to work in March and goodness I am not as young as I used to be...haha!!! Anyway, I wanted to let you know I still think of you often and try and check your blog to see how you guys are doing. Chin up girl....you are doing great and Shane is up there telling them all "see, I told you she was a magnificent person." Keep smiling and know he is smiling too!!!

    Pam Keil, Jacksonville, NC

    ReplyDelete