Good Grief

Good Grief

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Many Thanks

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to so many of you that called, texted, emailed, facebooked with encouragement yesterday. I made it through the day, which was hard, but I did it. I have to mention the best phone call though. About 11 am yesterday, I was sitting by a fountain in Cartersville waiting on my sister to finish an appointment, my phone rang, I answered a call with an unfamiliar number and this was the conversation: " Hey Mom, just wanted to check and see how you were doing? Have you cried yet? Where are you? Can you bring me a t-shirt? Today was free dress and I am in my uniform." It was my Jake. My 10 year old told his teacher that he needed to call his mom. She said he was out of sorts all day yesterday, knowing he was worried about me. I hate the fact that he has to carry such a burden, worrying about how his mom is doing, but oh how extremely proud I am of him. Even on the days he says he "hates" me, this proves so different. Again, thanks to all of the encouraging words. Can never tell you how much it means and helps a girl out. Today, celebrating another "first" behind me. Now just got to make it through Father's Day. Knowing my Father will sustain, just like He always does. Thank you Father God, again, thank you. Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. Col 4: 14

3 comments:

  1. Precious Jake - Shane would be (and is) proud of him :)

    Melissa Dempsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moments like those you should cherish!! Jake is one of a kind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your post yesterday and again today. Should have sent you a post to let you know I was thinking of you ! A day late and a dollar short as the saying goes. Your Jake is a real keeper ! What a precious child ! Your journey is such an inspiration to me. We are strangers and yet we aren't at all. What an amazing woman you are. You strengthen me ! Thank you. I continue to pray for you and for your children.

    ReplyDelete