Good Grief

Good Grief

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God's obviousness-not sure if thats a word either, just work with me.

Bear with me on this-blogging from my iphone so not sure how it may come out. The kids and I came over to Shane's parents house for a last lil summer hurah, reason for iphone posting. I was enjoying the morning watching the kids sleep, listening to them breathe, their sweet faces when I received a text from my sister, Robin. It said something like "pray for Shannon, found out last night that she wasnt invited to a little spend the night party. Wouldnt have bothered her so much because she hasnt had much contact with these girls. One girl thought it would be fun to call Shannon and let her know she was missing out on all the fun." Teenage girls can be so dang mean!!! I have left out some of the things my dear sister said she would like to do to this little girl, cause, well, just wasnt real nice. Haha! I texted back that obviously S didnt need these girls as "friends" sent a prayer asking God to bless S with new friends at her new school, to let S know that God loves her and thats really all that matters. Prayed for the little mean girls heart to be changed and if it wasnt then to remove her from S's life. Told Robin to tell Shannon that i remember being "left out" a few times and it was usually for the good of me and in the grand scheme it doesnt really matter. R said her and Jamie both shared heartbreak stories and told S that sometimes thats the way God weeds out people in our lives. Robin then text me and said, "wouldnt you know it, i open up my Priscilla Shirer bible study and todays is on being left out of a party!" "I almost laughed at how stinkin' obvious God is sometimes!" I did laugh out loud, cause God is good like that. Our sweet Father knew my sisters heart was probably breaking more for her sweet daughter than Shannon's was for being left out, so He sends confirmation to my almost 50 year old sister through a bible study. Confirmation that we don't have to seek Him hard, He's sometimes so "there" that its laughable. He is so there in even the smallest of things so its apparent He is in the big things.
You probably are all a little tired of my "rainbow" stories but here's another one. Some things have been happening in my life, good things, but still sometimes doubt and uncertainity will creep in. I know God is in everything thats happening for many "obvious" reasons but sometimes you just need a little reassurance. Last Thursday was one of those days, nervousness, uneasiness was creepimg in. Then, my mom called and said go outside, i did and there it was...a rainbow. The colors were vibrant and clear as if God wrote in the sky, that all was well. So obvious!! I know, I know, I don't need signs and wonders from God to know He is there, but I tend to think that this is His love letters, confirmations to me from Him. I haven't experienced a rainbow in months, so I feel this was His obvious love letter to me telling me Yes, DeAnn all is well and it is good!" He is pretty stinkin' obvious sometimes and that brings me wonderful, fabulous, God given joy. I love you God when you are so obvious in your love, teachings and confirmations. You are so awesome!!

4 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you & your family. 
    Missi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. The words of wisdom on friendship and being left out are especially relevant as my daughter enters middle school. Thanks DeAnn! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking about you guys! Hope the kids have a wonderful first few weeks of school and have an amazing school year full of friends, fun, laughter and joy. Praying for you guys!! Love to all!
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know - I think about you at times and wonder how you are doing. We never did get together for that lunch. A few years ago I lost one of my best friends to nasty cancer - watching her husband rebound has been a joy to watch, painful at times, but mostly a joy. Around here Ivey has taught us to find joy in some of the ugliest of situations. From this post it seems you are doing just that. Okay. We do need to get together soon - especially now that all the kiddos are back in school -

    ReplyDelete