Good Grief

Good Grief

Monday, August 11, 2014

The World is Going Mad and We are Starting School

The world has gone mad and school is starting.

As I was telling JSM about a disturbing picture I saw today of beheaded men in a truck and why they were being beheaded and how I couldn't believe this was happening and how kids their age were being killed or dying of thirst because they've fled their homes and moms like me killed for believing in Jesus. As I was comparing all of this to the Jews being killed-it hit me how thankful I am that my 3 are going to school. As much as I loathe school. You all know I do-for countless reasons (it's my personality-honest-I took a test and that's one of my weaknesses--schools and schedules? See? I'm wired this way.  Things I loathe::
1. Schedule. 2. Homework 3. Relationship with kids changes drastically-to a mom that only screams, "get in the car, we are wasting pool-time" in the summer to "hurry up we are going to be late for school/practice/dance!" To "if you don't get your homework done there will be no phones, no games, no tv!" To "go to sleep so I can go to sleep!" The list goes on. 4. My oldest is a freshman in high school this year-which gives me only 4 more years of being really "in" his life. 9th grade?? Where did time go? 5. It reminds me of how much I really really miss Shane and how much I really really need him, the older they get the more this holds true. 6. Football practice coincides with school starting and that makes me notice as im sure Sam has noticed that others dad's are on the field coaching or on the sidelines watching...he gets me! 7. I really enjoy time with my kids. They are fun, interesting and I like them, really really like them. The list could go on and on. However, after being at orientation and convocation and having a prayer prayed over parents, students, faculty, I feel very blessed for my kids to be starting school on Thursday. I feel so much pride in knowing my kids are being taught to stand up for what they believe. Because people-the world is going mad!!! Defending our faith is going to be essential in the future, maybe closer than we think and I'm thankful my 3 have a head start. Praying that their hearts will be open to receive the things they are taught this year. Praying that they give their all academically, spiritually, and socially. Praying thAt they all can be well prepared to share not only their dad's story and legacy but also be willing to share their very own story. I am reminded often that we were chosen for this path-praying that I too, will use my story for the Glory of God even in my everyday life. Praying that my children's will to thrive and survive is a testament of Gods love for them and their love for Him. Praying they always know mom has got their back, even when I'm not physically present I hope they feel me guiding them into their Saviors arms but better still that they have the Spirit themselves guiding them.


And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Praying this school year holds really big heart-changing-spirit-changing-happenings for all of us.
So as I dread it, oh how I dead it--I anxiously optimistically await for something big.
Jake, Sam and Molly the world is going mad, it's such a messed up place if I could protect you inside out little summer cocoon I would-instead I will send you off to a school that not only teaches you the basics but more importantly teaches you about God's love, His Word, and how to defend what you believe in a world gone mad. I may complain and gripe-but in the end if my kids are prepared for the biggest challenge of their life-defending their faith-then I'm all in.
Pray for Israel!
Pray for Christians around the world!
Pray for our school!
Go Lions and let the Glory be Gods!!

1 comment: