Good Grief

Good Grief

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Angels Among Us

Pardon any errors- this is being typed on my phone

Don't you just love how God will confirm something? I sure do! Example---I've often thought a person in my life may just be an angel. I've known her for a bigger part of my life. I met her when I was dating my high school boyfriend~sigh.  She worked with and was good friends with his mom. We spent time together at the lake, going to watch him play football etc. She probably thought I was just a love struck silly teenager---I was. Anyhoo-he ended up breaking my young heart into a million and one pieces-cause that's what first loves do. She and I lost touch until a few years later. While I was attending tech school I started working for her sister as her shampooer, is that a word?? My sister also worked here. That was probably my most favorite job ever-I was working for the real live Truvie from Steele Magnolias.  It was hard work but you got to know and love most of the clients cause of processing times etc. This particular angel in question would come on our late nights and we would talk, catch up on life. We all always had a great time and even though it was for a short time I learned lots from these ladies and their experiences and our times together. Seriously-there were times when I felt I was living out a scene in Steel Magnolias--best summer job EVER.  My hands didn't like the job so much, so it was a short run. Luckily, since my sister worked there I would still run into this angel in disguise. Years later I became neighbors with her niece which has been a longtime friend of mine. Small world, same circles. Needless to say she's known my story, watched it play out and has been one of the ones that has kept me covered in prayer. She is one of those that during the darkest times a note of encouragement would arrive, a book was sent that I still pick up for encouragement. As years pass we communicate through Facebook, through our small circle of friends, sisters, nieces. She's just one of those, for lack of a better word, neat people. Always smiling, the perfect sense of humor and the right words always. She's continued to be one of my biggest encouragers, reads my blogs and nonsense on Facebook. It was not a surprise to see her pop up on my Facebook messages. But what I read was a surprise. She had sent me a link for an opportunity of a lifetime. Something I would have never dreamed of being able to do. She told me she thought I needed to look into it and she would help me anyway she could. She even offered to keep my 3 crazy kids for me to be able too. This opportunity would allow me to spend a weekend with one of my favorite authors, speaker, God-loving funny ladies, she is a favorite Women of Faith speaker. My first experience with Women of Faith mesmerized me and this lady was part of that. I laughed, I cried, and fell in love with Jesus all over again that weekend. This opportunity is for those that need to be encouraged to use what they have-for either writing, speaking, teaching, ministering. All things I am extremely interested in. Its a weekend at her home, doing what ladies do- chatting, eating, chatting, shopping, eating and the best part-talking about Jesus and what we can do for Him. I clicked on the link while the house was quiet, imagine that-a quiet house-one of the perks of school. She had a video explaining the title of the session. There it was---about the third clip--BAM--God spoke to me through her. She said something like, "God wants to use you right where you are, not later, not when you have time, not when things are better but right now." Tears filled my eyes-that's what I needed to push myself to go. As some of my bible study sisters know one of the things I struggle with is being stagnant. I say stagnant because I feel like I'm stuck. Stuck between wanting to use what I've learned, lived and been given and stuck knowing time is precious with growing children, do people care what I have to say, and would I fail? I've been told I would know when the time is to use what I've learned and His time would be perfect. So as I wait on Him for opportunities, for Him to equip me for whatever it is He wants of me I will be proactive and visit this wise funny lady for encouragement for when the time is right. Plus I get to do my favorite things with one of my favorite people. Excited!!
Back to my angel in question. I messaged her back and told her I had paid my deposit but the next session and the next session were all booked so I would have to wait until the second session of 2014.  Which is fine with me-gives me something long range to look forward too. She told me that she was glad I registered and that she would leave some money to help out when she went to see her niece the next day. Of course I said thanks but no thanks I could take care of it. Fast forward to this afternoon when her niece/my friend brought over an envelope. After I came in I sat down to open it. Yep, you guessed it-she sent me money anyway. More than enough to cover the weekend expenses. I read the card. She describes being nudged by God and how she needed to act on it and that she was upset that she ignored the nudge the first time or I would be going to the session that will be held in November She wrote that I too needed to pay attention to this nudge. As I held the money and the card the tears started and the kids didn't know what to think. I was able to tell them how sometimes blessings show up in the oddest of ways. I told them what the money was for and they could not believe someone would be so generous. I couldn't believe it either. See? I knew she was an angel long ago. She just has that way about her, I knew it even as a silly teenager. Lesson for everyone-you never know how god will use those we meet, years from now, tomorrow, today. I can't wait to see where this all ends up. But for now I'm able to fall asleep tonight that there are sweet angels that walk among us and sometimes it's someone you've known for a really long time. You just never know. I'm thankful for her heart, her acting on nudges from her Father. I have a feeling this is gonna be a life changer. I can't wait to sit on this ladies porch, soak up her wisdom and then come home and share it all with my confirmed angel. Thank you again-means the word

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I can't correct so here goes&...
    But for now i am able to fall asleep knowing that there are angels that walk among us...

    Thank you again-- means the world.

    ReplyDelete